Saturday, March 14, 2009

Almost There!!

Amber has been amazing. We worked through contractions at home until 3:45AM when I felt she had hit the 5-1-1 rule (contractions are five minutes apart, last for one minute each, and go for one hour). So, we've been at the hospital ever since. At about 9AM, she was exhausted since we hadn't slept all night. Plus, she was extremely nauseated and vomited twie. So Amber took a narcotic to sleep. So, I called our doula, and she was able to cover for me so I could sleep as Amber slept. Up to that point, I had slept for about 2 minutes between some of Amber's contractions (every other time, she would call me over just as I was ready to doze off). So, at this point, I'm up to an hour of sleep. Woohoo!

After a couple hours, the narcotic wore off and Amber was at about 6 cm dilated. She worked through a ton of really tough contractions that lasted a couple minutes long. fter that, she was really really exhausted by then, so, she asked for an epidural. After another trip on the vomit comet, the anesthesiologist arrived. Oddly enough, as soon as they laid her down with the epidural in place, she felt pressure on her rear. Good news!

So, here we are at 10cm. Amber has opted to just let the uterus contract on its own and rest before she starts pushing. By all estimations, everyone is healthy at this point, but there's more work to do!! Thanks for all your prayers and love and encouragement!

1 comment:

Megan said...

brock!
what is up with these minute by minute updates, and then you just leave us hangin'
I hope that all is well. And updates us whenever you get done holding that baby! We are still praying. Silence is frightening!