Monday, March 9, 2009

All My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready to Go

So, at our house these days, we're getting ready for the advent of baby Bahler. Last week was my spring break, so I had the opportunity to get a number of things finalized before the day. We packed our bag (well, more or less) in preparation for the time we'll be spending at the hospital, equipped with a digital camera with a 4GB memory card, clothes, a CD of tunes, the cord blood donation kit, baby's new clothes, and food for when the hospital cafeteria appears less than appetizing... which probably won't take much. There are still a number of things we have to do, but alas, there's just only so many things you can do in preparation for one of the most transforming events in one's life.

But, one thing we have done in preparation to welcoming him into our world is set up a nursery. It's not all that glamorous, but considering we're renting, we were pretty glad that our landlord let us paint and make the additions that we did. I guess we wound up with a sort of zoo theme. So, here are a few pics of the new items we've amassed to our ever-growing collection of stuff (aka, our contribution to the fledgling economy):





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very excited for you! Heather saw the pictures of Amber pregnant on facebook last night and thought it was the cutest thing ever, which is, I think her way of saying "I'm happy for you!"