Monday, June 30, 2008

Busy busy busy

No doubt, the length in time between now and my previous blog bears evidence to the busyness of our lives at the given moment. Last night, I preached at our church on Romans 8, today and tomorrow Amber is at a conference in State College for sign language interpreting, and tomorrow I take the GRE in hopes of bettering more scores to increase my chances of getting into a quality PhD program next fall. Hopefully, by tomorrow night I'll be able to breath a sigh of relief!

During the month of June, I was also able to submit a philosophy essay to an academic journal, which is currently being peer reviewed but the editor of the journal said he was planning on publishing it. Additionally, I wrote a book review on a recent commentary regarding the works of Emmanuel Levinas and sent it off to another academic journal. And today, I put in the mail a grant proposal to an organization that offers fellowships worth up to $3000 to do research on the nexus between theology and society. Ah, the games I play all in the name of academic advancement. Now its the waiting game, but it was also a relief to get these projects done and submitted.

This last Thursday, Shane Claiborne visited our church and spoke to a packed out crowd regarding his latest book, "Jesus for President," which I highly recommend. CNN was there too, and you can check out their coverage of it right here. Consequently, some friends from Indianapolis dropped in to see us the same day while in the middle of a road trip, so we managed to go to half of the event, and then stepped out in order to spend time with them (thanks for stopping by Dennis and Heidi!).

No comments: