Friday, August 17, 2007

Learning the Pennyslvania Way

Well today I experienced the joys of getting acclimated to the process required to get one's driver's license and title registered in the state of PA. First, one must go to the DMV with about five forms of identification (SSI Card, Passport, two proofs of address, old driver's license). After paying for that, I went over to AAA to get my car title transfered (yup - the state has contracted out all their licensing to a private org!). They told me I had to get the VIN confirmed by an auto mechanic. So, next, I went to Sears Automotive so someone could write the numbers of my VIN onto a sheet of paper. Back to AAA to pay out the rear for a title and license plate. And finally, tomorrow I have to get my car inspected and have emissions tests ran on it...and then do it all over again for Amber's car. Craziness!

Today, I was also offered a job at the Duquesne school library working part-time as a circulation desk assistant. It's not great pay but certainly better than a fast-food joint or retail, and since the rest of my life will be spent doing research, I thought I might get used to spending my time in the library.

That's basically the highlights of today... tomorrow we check out the farmer's market that goes on every Saturday morning at the Mount Lebanon main street strip.

Brock

No comments: