Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Artwork and Nature Make for a Good Sabbath

Yesterday, we took a much-needed day off from all the unpacking and settling in here in Pittsburgh and went to Phipps Conservatory & Botanical Gardens. But this isn’t just any botanical gardens, as it is currently showcasing several art pieces by Chihuly interspersed within the different rooms. Some blend in so well with the plants that one can easily walk right by if they’re not paying attention. Here’s some of our favorites:















Yes - the leafy plant in the middle of the far left is made of glass!

























Anywho...back to real life after a brief respite (Amber just said, "We need to clean up around here. We're living in dishevelment." I, on the other, think it looks pretty good all things considered). Today, I spent my day cleaning up the house and testing the light rail public transportation system to see how it worked (no muggings or winding up on the complete opposite side of Pittsburgh, so I considered it a victory). And tomorrow, I have a job interview at the Duquesne Library, so I'm going to actually have to get up early and dress nice... ugh...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Chihuly! Great pics Brock! It looks like your fitting in pretty well guys....

Praying for you all