Wednesday, February 14, 2007

An Apt Day to Start a Blog

I've finally made entrance into the blog world. Not that anyone was really watching and waiting for me to make the leap (although my ego would like to think so), but I really have been putting it off thinking that it would simply add to my ever-increasing list of things to do that I have no time for.

And yet (again, my ego talking), I feel like I have so much to say, so much to get off my shoulders or out of my head, and (hopefully) that someone out there would be interested in reading and contemplating. So, without further introduction, here I am.

The reason for this "apt day" is the twelve inches of snow in which my house currently finds itself nestled. The drifts are running at about two feet - which means just about everything is closed on this Hallmark Holiday in which we supposedly celebrate St. Valentine. Either way, the combination of the two makes for a justifiable reason to stay at home with my wife - and start a blog.



Anyways, here's a glimpse of the aftermath right from my front door...take note of the size of this drift.












And here's a glimpse of the driveway halfway "plowed" so Amber could get out and go to work. Note the thick layer of ice which my cheap plastic snow shovel was unable to penetrate. In fact the snow/ice is so thick that I just walk right on top of it (kinda like Legolas in the "Lord of the Rings").
This was no doubt the most snow Indiana has received in a long while. Kind of feels like Christmas... only two months too late...
Well, that should do it for my very first blog. Nothing earth-shattering...
Brock

1 comment:

Dennis Swender said...

You do have a lot of great thoughts rolling around in your head! Please will be interested in reading them - they just need to be userfriendly. Not everyone has the same education background as you. So your ego probably did a lot of talking, but there is some truth to it, too.