Wednesday, February 11, 2009

First Lullaby

The prospect of being a father has reinvigorated my creative juices,
leading to my first attempt at writing a lullaby for my son-to-be. Here
are the lyrics:

Do you know your mommy loves you
As she rocks you through the night
When she holds you to her side,

Do you know her love is true?


Do you know your daddy loves you

While he sings sweet lullabies

When he lifts you to the skies

Do you know his love is true?

Do you know your mommy loves you
Through her whispers as you cry
By her gaze into your eyes
Do you know her love is true?

Do you know your daddy loves you
When he keeps you snug and warm
He’ll protect you from all harm
Do you know his love true?


We hope you know our loves is true.

I had planned on providing a video of that included me singing the song for those of you who can't stand to know the lyrics without the tune, but alas, after dozens of tries in uploading the video with blogger rejecting it, I have given up. If for some reason, blogger decides to be nice in the future, I will post it then. Grr... This week has been one frustrating event after another. Hopefully I'll find the $20 of bus tickets I lost this morning too...

Anyways, speaking of the baby, Amber and I are driving to Lafayette this weekend for a baby shower with friends and relatives in our hometown. Should be a fun time, and a lot of people are excited about seeing us (if only we had more time for everyone!!), but its going to be a lot of driving. Amber took at job in Erie, PA for Friday, which means we'll be driving 2+ hrs to Erie on Thursday night and staying in a hotel (at least its being paid for!), then driving 8+ hrs on Friday night to Lafayette, and driving 6+ hrs on Sunday morning to get back to Pittsburgh. Ugh. But it will all be worth it, right!? For all of you who will be there, we look forward to seeing you!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I understand your video frustration. We have resorted to uploading them to Youtube and embeding them into the blog it is tons and tons faster and more reliable.
We must hear the song!
See you saturday!